Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Lab Work and Prescription

Well, I had my blood work done Monday.  When my doctor's office called Tuesday, my white blood cell count is just a little low and my cholesterol and triglycerides were just a little high.  I know that this due to my ketogenic lifestyle.  For those that don't know, and don't feel like reading that long article, its a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet.  I'm keeping this up until my vacation, then I will cycle back to my normal lean meat, healthy fats and very moderate amount of healthy carbs.  Right now, I have been trying extra hard to add fats into my diet.  So, until my vacation, and up until my next appointment, I'm going to finish off my fattier meats (no sense throwing away good food), still do low carb (less than 20 grams a day), and stop adding fat.  What fat I get will be from the normal foods that I eat.  To add fat, I was cooking my food in bacon fat or oils, adding butter to things, and dipping things in ranch.  Now, while I'm on Accutane, I will simply eat the fat that occurs naturally in whole foods.  Then, next month, much less fatty foods!

My prescription was called in yesterday afternoon and they have to order it.  No call yet that it's ready to be picked up.  The day that I start the medication, I will post the Day 1 starting picture, and follow up weekly with a progress picture.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment